How and when do you consume? Mobile-centric, streamlining the energy sector.
Knowing the needs of consumers and impacting them at the right time with the right message is the unfinished business for many advertisers. This need to activate data-driven branding strategies oriented to real business objectives is the primary focus of TAPTAP, which through its digital marketing platform Sonata (DSP & DMP), has managed to efficiently and relevantly connect advertisers with users.
Sonata offers profiling, activation and attribution/audience measurement capabilities with a mobile-centric approach. Mobile-centric places the user at the center of advertising strategies, analyzing the relevance of the mobile medium as a source of data and connection with the rest of the on and off strategies.
Sonata analyzes, among other aspects, the context and the location of the user, to determine at what point the user is in the path of purchase decision. Studying the path that follows from the advertising impact until the final conversion at the point of sale. In this way, Sonata segments and reaches those audiences for whom the message is most useful and relevant, adding value to the advertising market.
ANNUAL STRATEGY FOR ENERGY ADVERTISER
Sonata has been the digital marketing platform chosen by one of the leading advertisers in the national energy sector to establish its annual cross-media strategy. The established strategy places the user at the center of the action, taking into account that people, as well as our needs, are different, just our energy use is. Achieving a better profiling, a more relevant activation and therefore better results, both digitally and physically, is the main objective of this advertiser.
Sonata analyzes the context, habits and user behavior to build four audience profiles (family, housewives, hard workers and singles and childless couples) with very different characteristics.
- Family cluster: Users that focus their digital navigation on family websites, educational content… Geolocate them in schools in the morning and at midday, and in their homes in the afternoon (Wi-Fi connection). Their energy consumption is concentrated from Monday to Friday, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., and weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Housewives cluster: They’re the decision makers of household consumption. These users spend most of the day at home, have a Wi-Fi connection practically all day, and their energy consumption is concentrated from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Hard workers cluster: They’re users who spend the entire working day away from home, with a very intense work rate. On weekdays, they arrive to their home around 9:00 p.m., and that’s when they have free time to surf using their Wi-Fi connection, as they take advantage of weekends to enjoy their social life. They consume energy from Monday to Friday from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Singles and childless couples cluster: Interested in leisure and lifestyle, work during the day on weekdays, with Wi-Fi connection at home from 8.00 p.m. They dedicate the weekend to social life and household chores. Their energy consumption is mixed, both working days from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Establishing these four clusters allowed the advertiser to detail four differentiated activation strategies, thus enhancing the effectiveness of the advertising impact, and allowing the advertiser to later measure and analyze the attribution of the campaign. Sonata analyzes the planning workflow of each cluster to establish the medium and the message that will impact the user in each moment of the day. Specifically considering the “How and when do you consume?” Mobile-centric, streamlining the localization in the energy sector, the support and type of advertising consumption of the user (reposed or not) and the connection to them in real time at the time of impact, Sonata establishes the most effective activation strategy (display, video, audio, MOOH or native) adapting the message to the user.
Sonata analyzes and measures the return on advertising investment (ROI or ROAS) and its contribution in terms of generating visits to the physical and digital point of sale. Sonata analyzes all user interactions with digital and offline media, as well as its subsequent advance in the funnel, from the point of conversion to the point of sale. This annual strategy has allowed the advertiser to know that:
- Activation in moments with Wi-Fi connection doubled the engagement results with respect to other connections.
- Engagement increased by 30% compared to the benchmark by updating the advertising message based on the context of the user at the time of impact (location, weather, temperature…).
- Mobile out-of-home campaigns, which combine mobile actions with exterior strategies, doubled the engagement of display pieces and multiplied the engagement of video pieces by 1.6.
- 2.75% of impacted users were subsequently seen at the advertiser’s points of service.
Knowing the context and profile of the audience, Sonata offers its advertisers in any digital platform, a more personal and dynamic advertising focus, which, based on this knowledge and intelligence, adds value, usefulness and relevance to their advertising message. Achieving success in the advertising strategy: impact the right user, with the right message, at the right time.
TAPTAP Creative & Communication Director